Are you looking to bring seamless internet connectivity to every nook and cranny of your house? If yes, then setting up a Netgear WiFi range extender would be the best option to consider.
On the off chance if you don’t know the process to configure a Netgear extender, then this post is for you. Here, we have provided 3 easy steps that will guide you on how to set up a Netgear extender on the fly. So, without much delay, let’s get the ball rolling!
How to Set Up a Netgear Extender?
A Netgear extender can easily be configured using the following methods:
- Manual Method
- WPS Method
- And, using the Netgear App
We will guide you with all the 3 methods one by one:
Method 1: Extender Setup Using the Netgear App
- Power on your Netgear extender.
- Connect your Netgear Extender to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Wait for the Netgear extender’s power LED to become green and stable.
- Turn on an Android or iOS device.
- Connect the device to Netgear_ext SSID.
- Open the Netgear app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: If you haven’t downloaded the Netgear app yet, navigate to the App Store/Play Store and download the Netgear app on your device. You will be glad to know that the app is available for iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
On the off chance if you don’t want to use the Netgear app to set up your WiFi extender, use the WPS method instructions highlighted below.
Method 2: Netgear Extender Setup Using the WPS
Note: Prior to applying this method, make sure that your devices support the WPS feature.
- Plugin your Netgear extender near your router.
- Once you’re done, the LED on your Netgear device will blink. Wait until it gets green and stable.
- Now, locate the WPS button on your WiFi range extender. Once found, press it.
- Let the WPS LED on your extender become stable.
- Next, press the WPS button on your router as well.
- The WPS LED on it will start blinking.
- Unplug your Netgear extender and place it in a new location. But, the location you choose for your device must be halfway between your router and the area without WiFi.
Hurrah! Your Netgear extender is now configured using the WPS method. Now, you are free to enjoy the uninterrupted range of the internet in every corner of your house.
Method 3: Netgear Extender Setup Using the Manual Method
If the above-listed methods are not helping you configure your extender, give this method a try.
- Unpack your Netgear extender (if it is new) and choose a damage-free wall outlet for it.
- Plugin your Netgear extender in a room where you have placed your router. If it is impossible to place your devices in the same room, then you can place them at a distance of 50 feet but not more than that. And if you are planning to place your devices in different rooms, then make sure that there aren’t any interference-creating WiFi devices nearby.
- As soon as you are done with the placement process, connect your router and extender in a wireless manner. In the event that you are having trouble while connecting your devices using a wireless source, then connect them using an Ethernet cable.
- Wait for a short while and let the extender’s power LED become green and stable.
- Now, load up a web browser on your PC or laptop and enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Hit the Enter key and you will be redirected to the extender’s login page.
- Provide the default Netgear device’s username and password.
- You will be taken to the Netgear Genie setup wizard upon clicking on login.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be able to set up your Netgear extender in no time.
These are the 3 easy methods to perform Netgear extender setup. Just in case, you face any issues while executing the process, then without much delay, drop your queries into the comments section.