Easy Guide for Eliminating QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server
While sending invoices or reports via email, users sometimes come across an error message saying, “QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server.” There are numerous reasons behind the error, such as incorrect email server settings and firewall blocking the connection. Users sometimes also receive a message, “QuickBooks was able to connect to the remote server but could not understand the server’s response.” The issue is mostly seen with a Yahoo email address. This article will brief you on the causes that trigger QuickBooks’ unable to connect to email server error and quick fixes to resolve it, so read carefully until the end.
For situations where you need immediate assistance to resolve QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server error, the best alternative is to dial +1 800-579-9430 and get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons why QuickBooks unable to connect to email server
Following are the common reasons that give rise to the error:
- Your email server settings are not configured correctly.
- Your internet connection is not stable, which creates an issue for QuickBooks while connecting to the server.
- You have entered an incorrect email ID and password while logging in to email.
- Internet Explorer settings are not configured correctly.
- Antivirus program installed on your computer is blocking emails.
Now that you know what causes the error, follow the troubleshooting methods given in the next section to fix it permanently.
Note :- You may also read this article to Quick and Safely resolve QuickBooks error 1328
Best Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve server connection error when sending an invoice
The troubleshooting procedure given below is tried and proven to resolve the error at once:
Method 1. Get a new update of QuickBooks and install it
- In QuickBooks, go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox to clear all previous update downloads.
- Start the download by clicking the Get Updates button.
- When the download completes, close and reopen QuickBooks.
- When prompted, select the option to install the new update.
If error continues after updating QuickBooks, proceed to the next method.
Method 2. Verify the settings in the webmail preferences
- In QuickBooks, go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- From the left pane, click Send Forms and go to the My Preferences section.
- Choose the email account you are using and click Edit.
- When the Edit Email Info screen appears, move to the SMTP Server Details section and set the server name.
- Next, port the server name to your email provider settings.
Method 3. Integrate the working of Outlook and QuickBooks
- Get your user name, password, incoming email server address, incoming email server type, and outgoing email server address.
- To set up Outlook:
- In QuickBooks, go to the Edit menu and select the Preferences option.
- Select Send Forms, then Outlook and click OK.
Method 4. Try to set up your secure webmail to work with QB
To set up a secure webmail:
- From QuickBooks, select the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Click Send Forms, then WebMail, and click Add.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your provider and enter your email address.
- Mark the Use Enhanced Security checkbox and click OK.
- Login to your Intuit account when prompted.
To set up webmail:
- Click the Edit menu and choose the Preferences option.
- Select Send Forms, then Web Mail, and click Add.
- Enter the Add Email Info and click OK to save the changes.
Method 5. Change Internet Explorer settings to default
- Close QuickBooks program and open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu or the Gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab and choose Restore Advanced Settings.
- Click OK and close Internet Explorer.
That’s all about ‘QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server‘ error. We understand how important it is to resolve this error so you can continue sending emails to clients. We hope the troubleshooting solutions given in the article help you resolve the issue. If you are unable to resolve the error on your own or still dealing with the same, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.
Related article :- Here’s is a easy step by step troubleshooting solutions if you are stuck with the QuickBooks Company File Not Found?