How to Fix Validation Code Is Incorrect Error in QuickBooks?
Are you irked by the license, validation, or registration errors on the QuickBooks desktop? This article will apprise you of the useful and apt techniques to fix these technical intricacies in the QuickBooks software.
There can be a myriad of reasons behind these errors, which can even be due to a damaged installation file. In this article, we shall help you rectify the license, validation, and registration Errors in QuickBooks error without any hassle. So, let us proceed ahead!
Also read: How to Hack the New Paper io 2 Game
Methods to troubleshoot the errors related to the license, validation, and registration in QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the solutions provided below for each reason that may be causing this error:
Reason 1: Providing incorrect license or product keys
If this is the cause behind the error, then rectifying the same is quite easy. Check the license key carefully while entering. If you purchased QuickBooks software via the Intuit website, look for the same in the purchase confirmation email.
ON the other hand, if you purchased the QuickBooks software from a retail store, locate a sticker on the original CD. It contains your product and license keys.
Reason 2: Erroneous validation code or the service being unavailable
There are various solutions to the validation code Is incorrect error in QuickBooks if this is the cause leading to the error. All the reliable and tested solutions are provided below:
Solution 1: Double-check your system’s date & time.
- First, make an exit from the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Next, right-click the time or date on the bottom-right corner of the windows taskbar
- Choose the ‘adjust date/time’
- Verify that the date and time settings are correct.
- If the settings are incorrect, choose the date and time option and set the current year’s date.
- Also, choose the correct time zone.
- After that, hit the ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ tabs, respectively.
- Now, launch QuickBooks and head to the ‘Help’
- Subsequently, choose the ‘Activate QuickBooks’ option and then hit the ‘Start Activation.’
- Provide the validation code and then hit ‘Next.’
Solution 2: Terminate any running QuickBooks -related tasks
- You might be experiencing issues due to background applications running in the background. In that instance, you must close all the QuickBooks –related processes through the ‘Task Manager.’
- The ‘Task Manager’ can be assessed by pressing the ‘Ctrl +Alt + Delete’ buttons, followed by choosing the ‘Open Task Manager’ Choose all the QB-related services and end the same,
- Once that is done, re-open QuickBooks and see if you confront the error again. If it keeps repeating, follow the subsequent solution.
Solution 3: Launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
The QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool is a holistic tool that can rectify any disruption caused during the installation process. It assists in timely troubleshooting of any installation error(s).
- To use this tool, you need to download & install the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub.’
- Afterward, launch the tool and jump to the ‘Installation Issues’
- Choose ‘QBInstall tool’ and let it run. Once the tool scans for any issues, reboot your PC and check if the error got ousted.
Solution 4: Reactivate MSXML
Follow the steps provided below to re-activate MSXML on your computer. Remember that the steps are different for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
For a 64-bit PC:
- Head to the ‘start’ menu and subsequently type ‘cmd.’
- Then right-click ‘cmd’ and choose the ‘Run as Admin’
- Now type ‘cd/windows/syswor64‘ in the command prompt window.
- Hit the ‘Enter’
- Then type ‘regsvr32 MSXML4.dll’, followed by hitting the ‘Enter’ key again.
- Finally, type ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll’ and press ‘Enter.’
For a 32-bit PC:
- Open the ‘Run’ window and then press the ‘win + R’ buttons together.
- Then type ‘cmd,’ followed by pressing the ‘Enter’
- Type ‘regsvr32 MSXML4.dll’ and then hit ‘Enter.’
- Afterward, type ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll’, again followed by pressing the ‘Enter’
- If this solution fails to resolve the error, jump to the below-mentioned solution.
Solution 5: Reset ‘.ecml’ file
A defective ‘entitlementdatastore. ecml’ file can also trigger this error. In order to reset the same, you need to delete the file. Follow the procedure below:
- Hit on the ‘Win + R’ keys together to access the ‘Run’
- Type ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)‘ in the box and then hit on ‘Enter.’
- Right-click the ‘ecml file’ and opt for the ‘Delete’
- Now, check if the error got uprooted.
Let us Wind up!
We believe that by following the walkthrough offered by this article, you could successfully rectify the license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop.