Netgear Orbi routers are ideal devices to access an uninterrupted internet connection in homes. However, your internet experience can get ruined if the connection drops every now and then. If you are seeking for a solution to resolve the dropping internet connection issue with your Netgear Orbi router, then read this article. Here, we will provide you with a list of troubleshooting hacks that will help you get the issue fixed in a snap. So, read on.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Dropping Internet Connection
- Relocate Your Orbi Router
You might be facing the dropping internet connection issue with your Netgear Orbi router due to its incorrect location. You have probably placed it inside a closet or beneath a table that is not allowing the WiFi signals to spread throughout your home. Well, now is the time to change the location of the Orbi router. Make sure that the room selected to place your router is neat, clean and well-ventilated.
Besides, ensure that the WiFi signals of your Orbi router are not getting interfered by the radio-waves emitted by electronic gadgets, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces.
- Bring Orbi Router and Modem Closer
Netgear Orbi router can also drop the internet connection abruptly if the distance between your WiFi devices is too much. Therefore, it is advised to reduce the distance between the Netgear Orbi router and the modem. Maintain a clear line of sight between both devices.
But, remember not to place them too close as it might lead to a clash of WiFi signals and put you in more trouble than you’re already in.
- Use an Ethernet Cable
Chances are that your Netgear Orbi router is dropping internet connection due to an unstable connection with the modem. In that case, use an Ethernet cable to connect both your WiFi devices.
Note: Do not use a damaged Ethernet cable as it might also lead to a poor internet connection. Also, make sure that the Ethernet connection is finger-tight and secure.
- Update the Firmware
An outdated version of your Netgear Orbi router’s firmware can also cause the dropping internet connection issue. That is why it is recommended to timely perform Netgear Orbi firmware update.
Follow the steps given below to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router:
- Switch on your Netgear Orbi router and wait for the power LED to stabilize.
- Connect your Orbi router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, turn on your computer and open an updated web browser.
- Download the firmware update file for your Orbi router and save it at a convenient location on your computer.
- Now access orbilogin.net and log in to your Orbi router.
- As soon as the Netgear Genie dashboard appears, go to Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update.
- Click the Manual Update tab.
- Thereafter, click the Browse button and upload the Netgear Orbi firmware file.
In this way, you can update the firmware of your router by accessing the orbilogin page.
- Reset the Orbi Router
If none of the aforementioned hacks bring you success in resolving the issue, then your Orbi router might be improperly configured. To fix this, you need to perform factory default reset of your WiFi device. Doing so will erase all the personalized settings of your device.
Here are the instructions to reset your Netgear Orbi router:
- Ensure that your Netgear Orbi router is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Once assured, look for the Reset button on your WiFi device.
- Thereafter, grab a paper clip or a similar-looking object.
- Use it to press the Reset button on your Netgear Orbi router.
Your Orbi device will get restored to factory default settings. So, you need to reconfigure it by accessing the Netgear orbi login page. This time you will definitely be able to get the issue fixed.
To Sum Up
This was all about how to fix the ‘Netgear Orbi dropping internet connection’ issue. Here’s to hope that you will get rid of it with the help of the troubleshooting hacks discussed in this article.