Have you ever encountered Printer Not Activated Error 20 while upgrading your version of Windows operating system to a more advanced version? you’re not alone! This issue often comes up when trying to upgrade to the latest Windows version. There can be a myriad of reasons for the error message “Printer Not Activated” to appear similar to the previous program or exploited software.
Fortunately, the problem is easily resolved by following basic troubleshooting procedures. This blog will help you find an effective solution for Why is My Printer Not Responding. Keep reading to find out the most effective solutions to fix the problem. You must follow the instructions.
Cause of Printer Not Activated Error 20
When you upgrade the Windows operating system, it may encounter an error message that states that your printer is not active error 20. When you upgrade the operating system, remove the keys for this application from the “Settings in the registry”. The problem may arise when they send or receive emails in PDF format.
Steps to Troubleshoot Printer Not Activated Error 20
Every problem has a solution, as will your printer. Here, we will provide some simple guidelines to help you resolve this printer not activated error 20. Before you continue with the steps, verify and ensure that your computer and printer are securely connected. Make sure you have selected the correct printer. It is also recommended to make a backup of your registry and then restore your device before going through the troubleshooting procedures.
To back up the registry, you need to follow these steps:
- Simply type “registry editor” or “registry editor”.
- Click “Computer”.
- Select file”.
- Click on Export Save It.
- Now, you can create a “System Restore Point”.
- Start by opening the menu.
- See “System Restore”. You will be presented with the option to set the store point you wish to use.
- If you see window for system properties in local disk C, then locate “Security Settings” to enable it.
- Press the OK button.
A system restore point will be created.
1.Upgrade Your Windows System
A previous version of Windows system may cause problems with the printer’s performance. You can upgrade your Windows system by visiting the manufacturer’s website. Additionally, you can upgrade the printer driver and software.
Set Printer to Default
To make your printer the default printer device, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the menu at the top.
- Open “Control Panel” and “Control Panel”.
- Click “Devices and Printers”.
- Then, you have to right-click on the name of your printer
- Select to select the “Print as Default” option.
- After that finished, you can start your system again.
Allow Using PowerShell
You can try to use PowerShell to solve the problem. These are the steps to follow when using PowerShell:
- In the Windows search box, type “PowerShell” in the search box.
- You then right-click on “PowerShell” and select the “Run it as administrator” option.
- In PowerShell you can type the following command and then click on Enter.
4. Run Printer Trouble-shooter
If you are still struggling to figure out how to fix error 20 for printer and not activation, try the Printer trouble-shooter to fix the problem immediately. Printer trouble-shooter is a software tool that can help you troubleshoot problems with software affecting the printer. To use the Printer Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:
- In the Windows Search bar on the Windows Search bar, type “troubleshooting” and click the button.
- Select “Troubleshoot”.
- Go to “Printers” and then run the program to diagnose the problem.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and allow the technician to determine the problem and fix it.
- After you finish, restart your device to check if the problem is resolved.
Reinstall “USB Composite Device”
- To set up your USB composite device simply open the Run box by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” and press “Enter” and then click the “Click Enter” button. This will start Device Manager. From there, you can expand “Universal Serial Bus Controller”.
- Right click on the USB composite device and select the “Uninstall” option.
- Click “OK” to confirm the “OK” option.
- Remove your USB cable from your computer and then restart your device. After that, connect your USB cable and then install the latest version of printer software and drivers.
- Finally, right-click on the printer icon and select the “Print Experiment Document” option to determine whether your printer can print documents.
- Close all windows. You can open the same application you used to print your documents before.
Clean Windows Registry
Another reason why you are experiencing printer not activated error 20 on your device is a damaged or damaged Windows registry. Windows Registry can be described as a data base that stores important information about Windows settings and data. Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Start run box.
- Enter “Regedit” in the Run box, then click the OK button.
- “Registry Editor” opens “Registry Editor” will be opened.
- Expand ” HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG.
- Right-click on the program and select “Allow” from the menu “Allow” option.
- The “Permission to use the software” window will open on your screen.
- Check that both administrators and users have access to Full Control.
- Mark “Allow” in the “Allow” option to grant access.
- Click “Apply”. Click “Apply”.
- Select “OK” to save your settings.
- Start your computer.
These are some easy and quick troubleshooting tips that will help you resolve your issue with the printer not activated error 20 on your device. If you are not yet able to use the printer’s services due to an activation error. The experts will be able to suggest the most efficient solution to the problem as well as give useful suggestions to improve your printing experience.