QuickBooks Company File Not Found? Here’s what you should do.
While trying to open the company file, are you getting a QuickBooks Company File Not Found Error? Well, if the answer is yes, then no need to worry about it. Most of the time, users might encounter this issue when the users change the location of the company file, due to which QuickBooks is unable to track their path. Whenever the error occurs, it prompts with any one of the following error message on your screen:
“Warning: The company file you selected could not be found. You can try one of the following:
Choose the ‘Open or Restore Company…’ command from the ‘File’ menu to look for this file in a different directory.
Use the ‘Search’ tool from the Windows ‘Start Menu’ to search for this file in your computer”.
It is quite annoying for the users when they fail to access the QuickBooks company file as it puts the entire work at a standstill. Therefore, it is necessary to overcome such issue just by following the appropriate troubleshooting solutions.
Facing issues while accessing the QuickBooks company file and got stuck with the QuickBooks Company File Not Found issue? Give us a call at the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053 and get in touch with our professionals to get quick fixes for the error.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Desktop Company File Not Found Error occurs
One must be well-aware of the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop company file not found error. This is so that you can easily access the company file records to manage the company’s financial health. We have compiled some of the causes that trigger the issue, which are as follows:
- Accidental deletion of the QuickBooks company file by the user is one of the reasons that give rise to the QuickBooks company file not found issue.
- Another reason may be choosing the inappropriate option to open the QuickBooks company file.
- You are not connected with a good internet network connection.
- Sometimes, it might be caused when you have moved the company file to another location.
Effective Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks company file not found issue
Now that you are completely aware of the factors leading to QuickBooks company file not found issue, move towards the troubleshooting solutions to fix the issue. Here we have listed some of the simple solutions using which you can easily get away from the issue and access the company file to handle the books of accounts easily.
Solution 1: Make a search for the QuickBooks company file
- If you’re looking for the QuickBooks company file via a network, follow the instructions outlined below on the server that contains your data file.
- Thereafter, press the Windows button from your keyboard and enter the extension of the file along with the asterisk sign (*). You are required to add the following signs next to the file type which are as follows:
- *.qbw (Working Files)
- *.qbb (Back-Up Files)
- *.qba (Accountants Copy Files)
- *.qbx (Accountant Transfer Files)
- *.qby (Accountants Changes Files)
- Once you get the desired file, double-tap on it. Then, choose the Open File Location option.
- Later on, make sure to open the file using the correct location in order to resolve the issue.
Solution 2: Verify the Internet Connectivity
- In the first step, press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run window and type “cmd”. Further, hit the Enter key and this will open the Command Prompt window.
- Following that, type the “ipconfig/all” into the black screen that opens up and then press the Enter key.
- Before proceeding ahead, ensure that you have noted down the name of the server.
- In the upcoming window, type “Ping” as well as the server name that you noted earlier.
- By doing so, if you get any Packet Loss message it states that there are some issues with your internet connection. Therefore, to resolve the issue, you are supposed to use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to get it fixed right away.
So, here we come to the end of the blog on the QuickBooks Can’t Find Company File issue, and we hope that you find it worth reading. In order to avoid such issues in the future, ensure that you have kept the QuickBooks Desktop updated to the most recently launched version. If the error continues, talk to one of our support representatives by dialing the toll-free number +1(855)-856-0053.
Article By Ofarticle