QuickBooks Not Responding When Opening Company File: A Detailed Guide
Several reasons are responsible for the unstoppable growth of the QB accounting software’s market size. One of the most advanced features that attract most customers to this software is the company file feature.
A unique technical problem that is confronted by many QB Desktop users is the QuickBooks Not Responding When Opening Company File Problem. As the name of this issue clearly indicates. The QB application does not respond and crashes each time the user attempts to access the company file.
You can study this article to know the real reasons as well as authentic solutions for this technical problem.
To get direct and reliable assistance for the QuickBooks Not Responding When Opening Company File Problem, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 to connect with our QB Technical Support Team.
Top Symptoms to Detect QB Crashes While Opening Company File Issue
It is easier to identify QB Crashes While Opening a Company File Issue through these symptoms:
- Immediate freezing of the QB screen as soon as you attempt to open the company file.
- Complete shutdown of the system while accessing the .QBW file (company file).
- Freezing of the buttons of the QB application and non-responsive tabs on the home screen.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error OL-222
QB Desktop Does Not Respond When Opening a Company File: Top Reasons
The QB Desktop Does Not Respond When Opening Company File issue occurs due to the reasons explained below:
- The pre-eminent factors that trigger this issue are the corruption in the company file itself and the partial installation of the QB software on your computer.
- Latest QB Desktop updates ensure smooth operation of the company file, and if these updates are absent from your system. Then you may face tremendous difficulties in accessing the .QBW file.
- The extremely large size of company file can also trigger this problem when you attempt to open that file.
- Windows operating system low performance due to some reason or if it has not been updated for a long time. Then you can struggle with this issue while opening the .QBW file on your system.
Prominent Methods to Overcome the QB Desktop Freezing While Opening the Company File Issue
The methods that have been expounded below can be used effectively for overcoming the QB Desktop Freezing While Opening the Company File Issue:
Properly execute the Quick Fix my File Tool to completely rectify all the issues within your company file
- The Quick Fix my Tool is specially intended to resolve the company file issues, and to utilize this tool. It is indispensable to download the QB Tool Hub from the correct link provided on the Intuit website.
- After you have got the QB Tool Hub file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) on your system, you should open it. You must proceed forward to install the tool hub by choosing to follow all the correct steps as they appear on your screen.
- As soon as you complete the entire installation of the tool hub, you must move swiftly to double-click on the icon of the tool hub so that it launches on your system. After that, you can hit the ‘Company file issues’ tab located within the tool hub.
- Next, you should immediately commence the execution of the ‘Quick Fix my File’ tool so that all the company file problems are fully eradicated, and then you can easily access the .QBW file through your QB Desktop.
Correctly execute the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to ensure full elimination of all installation problems within the QB Desktop
- As you have already downloaded the QB Tool Hub in the previous method, you need to open it directly. Then you must straightforwardly hit on that tab that bears the name ‘Installation Issues’.
- Now, you will be able to very easily locate the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ option on your screen. You just have to hit on it so that this tool starts performing its execution.
- All the installation problems that might be present on your QB application will be immediately eliminated. Then you can proceed to reboot the computer to finally access the data file.
Put a new and appropriate name on the QBWUSER.INI file to ensure full resolution of this intricate technical issue
- It is essential to swiftly locate the folder where the QBWUSER.INI file is saved on your system. Once you identify that folder, you need to quickly open that folder to right-click on this file.
- Next, you just have to identify and then strike on the ‘Rename’ option, and after that, you can put a new word like ‘olduserfile’ to the very end of this file’s name as per this example: ‘QBWUSER.INI.olduserfile’.
- Afterwards, when you have saved the new name by hitting the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard. You must proceed to assign a new name to the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file as per the procedure followed for the QBWUSER.INI file.
- When both these files have got their new names as per the procedure explained in this method. You can move speedily to access the desired data file through your QB Desktop.
Drastically reduce the size of the company file using the Condense Data Utility tool to eliminate this problem
- The Condense Data Utility tool is a special tool that is used to reduce the large size of company file (.QBW extension) while keeping all the necessary data intact. To make full use of this extraordinary tool, you need to launch the QB Desktop and then hit the ‘Utilities’ option situated within the ‘File’ menu.
- Next, you must swiftly hit the ‘Condense Data’ option, and after that, you must ensure that the ‘Keep all transactions but remove audit trail info to date’ checkbox is marked in the new window on the screen.
- After that, you just have to commence the ‘Condense Data’ tool execution by tapping the ‘Next’ button, and once it is completed, you can proceed to access the company file that has just been reduced in size.
These were the perfect methods to get rid of the QuickBooks Not Responding When Opening Company File Problem. If you need any further explanation regarding these methods or any other technical help, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Support Team.
You may also like to read:QuickBooks Error H505