Simple Steps To Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online With No Errors
Unless you require developed and advanced inventory or industry-specific features, QuickBooks Online is mostly a better solution. QuickBooks Desktop is a good choice for businesses that prefer desktop software. Simultaneously, QuickBooks offers users an option to run and access the application from anywhere. So if you want to convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online without any error in between but don’t know where to start, we have come up with this comprehensive guide for you. In this article, we will explain the conversion steps in detail, plus what errors may come in between and their solutions.
If you want any expert to guide you or convert your QuickBooks Desktop to Online, call us at 1.855.738.2784. We understand what wisdom and experience the conversion process requires. Reach out to us and convert your QBDT to QBO effectively.
When users convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online, they get offered the fully cloud-based format to run their operations, up to 600 additional integration and top-quality invoice design. It also offers the ability to invoice auto-scheduling, optional live bookkeeping support, and much more. So, are you excited to switch from QBDT to QBO? Let’s begin.
Easy Steps To Convert QBDT To QBO
- In the initial step, you have to check the file size requirements. For this, press the F2V key on your keyboard and consider that the file size must not exceed 350,000 targets.
- In the next step, you have to prepare the QuickBooks Desktop company data to export to QuickBooks online version. For this, ensure to settle all the bank accounts and inventory and process payroll before you start preparing the data.
- Now, create an online account for QuickBooks. After this, subscribe to your preferred version of QuickBooks online before you begin with the conversion process.
- After creating an account, export your QuickBooks company file to QuickBooks Online. For this, click on the Company option in the menu bar and select the Export Company File to QuickBooks Online tab.
- You will see there the Update QuickBooks option from the Help menu, click on it and follow the given instructions. Continue to the step, and sign into your QuickBooks Online Account via the Desktop program.
- Now, you have to select your company in QuickBooks Online and copy your company data file. After this, click on the Complete your setup button to log into your QuickBooks Online and review your data.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 12002
Settle Errors When Your Convert QBDT To QBO
Error 1 – Delete all employees already entered in QuickBooks Online
Reason – This error occurs when QuickBooks Online can’t replace the company employees while moving the data to QuickBooks Online. It is due to the employees being linked to payroll items, payroll setups, and year-to-date history.
Solution – Create a new QuickBooks Online company account without payroll set up to move your company data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. It’s because your QuickBooks Online account already won’t let you remove employees with paychecks or pay history.
Error 2 – Your company file is too big to export
Reason – The reason behind this error is that the QuickBooks Desktop company file can’t have targets more than the following limits:
- 750,000 targets for the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2020 (US) latest release
- 750,000 targets for the QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier 2018 (US) latest release
- 750,000 targets for the QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier 2020 (CA) latest release
- 350,000 for QuickBooks Desktop UK
- 350,000 for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise (CA)
Solution – Open your QuickBooks Desktop, and press the F2 and Ctrl+1 keys on your keyboard. You will get the Product Info prompt. There, you can check the number of targets. If you find the targets more than the QuickBooks Desktop company file limits, proceed to try to consider your QuickBooks Desktop file. After this, check whether the error is still existing or not.
Error 3 – There was a problem checking this company for import eligibility
Reason – This error may occur if:
- The user is not a primary admin, accountant, or company admin in the QuickBooks Online company.
- If your QuickBooks Online Payroll account services are having issues, this error may arrive.
- If you import the data before signing into your Online QuickBooks account.
- The error may arrive when the user didn’t complete the setup interview in QuickBooks Online.
- There is a subscription period of 60 days in the QuickBooks application, and if you move your company data
- more than those 60 days after your subscription start date, the error will surely trouble you.
Solution – To rectify this error, follow these steps:
- Open and sign into your QuickBooks Online company. There, complete the setup interview questions. After this, sign into the application as a company admin or primary admin to shift your data from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you still get the error, save your company address again, and the easiest way to settle the error is by creating a new QuickBooks Online account. But remember to terminate your old subscription first.
Error 4 – Error in processing data for QuickBooks Desktop
Reason – The error triggers when the user doesn’t have the QuickBooks Desktop’s latest release for Mac.
Solution – You can settle the error by the following:
- First, click on the QuickBooks icon, then select the option for Check for QuickBooks Updates. Once you click on the QuickBooks Updates, select the Install Updates option.
- After the installation process gets over, Restart QuickBooks and verify whether the error is fixed or not. Check for any damage in the company data by running the Verify and Rebuild Utilities tool.
Error 5 – We can’t export your data. It may be on a network drive.
Reason – This error may appear when your Desktop company is not located on your local C-drive, on another drive, or maybe open in multi-user mode.
Solution – Fix this error with the following steps:
- Open your QuickBooks application and find your company data file. After you locate the file, close the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now, copy that company file to the local Drive C and open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop from the recent or new location.
- There, you will get the File option. Click on it to select, and select the Switch to Single-user mode. Finally, select Company, then clicks on the Export Your Company File to QuickBooks Online option. Check and verify whether the error has been solved or not.
Error 6 – Error: Export QBDT data to QBO
Reason – This error occurs when the path to your company file is more than four folders.
Solution – Take a look at the following steps to fix the error:
- Open the QuickBooks application and find your company data file. After this, remember to close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, copy your company file to the recent or new folder on your local C: drive and open the company data file in QuickBooks Desktop from the new location.
- Continue to this step to select the Company option, followed by selecting the option Export Your Company File to QuickBooks Online.
The Ending Notes!
We hope the above-given steps and solutions have helped you to convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online successfully with no errors. If you fail to switch the mode and face continuous errors in the conversion process, get in touch with us. Call us at 1.855.738.2784 now!
Related Search Terms : Can you Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Online, Convert QB Enterprise Files to Online, convert quickbooks enterprise file to pro
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error