The Best PDF to Word Converters with OCR Functionality
Sometimes when working with PDF documents, you may find that you need to search for content within the document to make it easier to copy or edit this content. The best way to do that is to convert the PDF document to Word because Word processors like Microsoft Word can make navigating through the content much easier.
To convert a PDF to Word you need a PDF to Word converter that is not just easier to use but highly effective. A converter with an OCR function will come in handy when you need to convert the content on a scanned PDF to Word.
Here, we look at 5 of the best PDF to Word converters with OCR function.
UPDF is a relatively new entrant into the world of PDF management and when you start using this PDF tool, you will notice that it encompasses everything you need to manage the PDF in various ways. One of the things that we love about UPDF is that it is a very simple tool. The user interface makes it very easy to access all the tools you need to open, annotate, convert and even edit PDF documents very easily. UPDF works across all platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
The following is a breakdown of all the features you can expect when you choose to use UPDF:
Accurate and Easy PDF Conversion with OCR
If your goal is to accurately convert the content on the PDF to Word format without losing the original formatting, UPDF is a great choice. All the content on the PDF will be very quickly and easily converted to Word format, allowing you to open and edit the converted file using a Word Processor. It also comes with one of the most powerful OCR functions that we’ve seen. The OCR is accurate, easy to use, and customizable to suit your needs.
Except for converting PDF to Word, you can use UPDF to convert PDF to other file formats too, such as Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, XML, images, Text, RTF, etc.
Manage Your PDF like a Pro with these Additional Features:
If you are looking for a PDF converter, chances are you need a tool that has additional options to help you manage the PDF. The following are just some of the other amazing features you get when you choose UPDF:
- UPDF’s highly intuitive user interface makes it very easy for you to open and annotate a PDF document. It quickly and easily opens even the largest PDF documents, allowing you to annotate them using highlights, text boxes, shapes, and more.
- It is also one of the best solutions for editing a PDF directly without leaving the document or copying the content to another file. You can change the text on the document in various ways including changing the font size and color.
- You can also edit the images on the document by cropping, resizing, or replacing them using the built-in image editor that you get with UPDF.
- UPDF also makes it very easy to manage the pages on any PDF. This feature allows for the simple manipulation of any PDF document allowing you split pages to create a new document, merge PDF pages into one and so many more options.
Advantages of Using UPDF
- UPDF has a very simple user interface. All the tools you need are accessible and easy to implement
- You can convert PDFs to Word and other editable formats including Excel, PowerPoint, CSV, Text, HTML, and image formats.
- It has one of the most powerful PDF editing options that we have seen. You can edit both the images and the text directly on the PDF
- UPDF is available to download for free and it also offers a free version to use. With the free version, you can work on one file per day.
- The OCR function for conversion is easy to access, very accurate and allows you to choose the pages that you would like to convert.
2. Adobe Acrobat
As the most popular PDF management tool, Adobe Acrobat pioneered a lot of the PDF management solutions that all other PDF managers employ. One of these tools is the OCR function. In Adobe Acrobat this feature is highly accurate and easily accessible, allowing users to convert scanned PDF documents into editable formats. The OCR feature in Adobe Acrobat will automatically detect the scanned document and ask if you want to make it editable.
Once the OCR has done its job, you can then use one of the many Adobe Acrobat tools to edit and manage PDFs. This pioneering solution allows you to convert PDFs not just to Word, but also to other popular formats including Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, and many more. It also has annotation tools, editing, and security features that are unmatched in their effectiveness and quality.
3. New OCR
If you have a scanned or image-rich PDF document that you would like to convert to Word format, but you don’t want to go through the hassle of having to download a program on your computer to do it, New OCR is the most reliable solution. This online tool is available on any browser and it has numerous useful functions.
The OCR recognizes languages and fonts to ensure that the conversion will be highly accurate and since New OCR supports thousands of languages, you can convert your PDF accurately even if sections of it are written in a different language. It supports numerous file formats including PDF and image formats like PNG, JPG, and PMB but it can only be used to convert PDF to plain text (TXT) format and Word.
4. Soda PDF
Soda PDF is another very useful way to convert PDF documents from one format to another. It supports numerous output formats including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TXT, HTML, and many more and it is very easy to use. One of the things we love about Soda PDF is that you get to choose if you want to use the desktop version or the online version. Both options are very similar in the tools that they offer, although the desktop version does offer several advanced features that you may not find on the online tool.
Soda PDF’s OCR function is available on both the desktop and online versions of the program, and it can be accurate when converting images and scanned documents into editable formats. But users have complained that the OCR function, especially on the online version is significantly slower as compared to other tools.
This is a simple to use, yet a highly effective online solution that you can use to convert PDF to Word. You don’t need to download any programs on your computer to use it and since it is accessible on any browser, you can use it on any device.
The tool itself is very simple, just go to PDF2Go website to access the specific Word converter and upload the PDF to the site. Below the converter, you will see the “Convert with OCR” feature that you can use to convert scanned text to Word format. Although everything else on this converter is free, this OCR function is only accessible with a premium subscription. It is fairly accurate although it lacks some of the features you can get with a desktop converter.
Converting PDFs to Word or any other editable format is a vital part of any PDF editing process. But to avoid wasting time, you need an accurate and easy-to-use converter that will not affect the text itself or the formatting. UPDF is the only solution that can guarantee that.