The Easy Guide to Fix QuickBooks won’t open error
QuickBooks Desktop application helps businesses track their finances and profits. It is used by various small and medium-sized businesses for their accounting activities. But, sometimes, users get QuickBooks won’t open error while opening the program. It often happens when the user clicks the QuickBooks icon multiple times and it doesn’t get enough time to open. There are many other reasons that trigger the error, such as damaged QuickBooks Desktop and company files. In this blog, we will discuss the causes that prompt QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start error and troubleshooting solutions to fix it, so stick to it till the end.
QuickBooks won’t open error is indeed a complicated error to tackle. But not anymore! Call us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430 and get exceptional assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
Top reasons causing QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start error
Here are some common factors behind the error:
- The name of the QuickBooks company file is not correct, which means there are some spaces and special characters in the name.
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation is corrupt or incomplete.
- There is some corruption in the QBWUSER.ini file, or it is missing.
- The hard drive containing QuickBooks files is damaged.
- A damaged company file is also caused by Error QuickBooks not opening.
- QuickBooks slow or crashes when the opening also appears when you are using QB on very low-end Pc.
- The third part of the program conflicting with QuickBooks may also cause the issue.
- Malware programs also cause the system is running too slow, vice versa
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error
Solution 1. Use Quick Fix my Program from the Tool Hub
- Close all open company files and exit QuickBooks Desktop so you can download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From your browser, download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation.
- Save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to an easily accessible place on your workstation. Open the setup file and follow the onscreen steps.
- Click the agree to the terms and conditions to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub completely
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will be visible on the desktop once the installation finishes.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it, and then choose Program Problems.
- Click Quick Fix my Program and wait till it completes, then start QuickBooks Desktop.
Related article:- QuickBooks error 6123
Solution 2. From the Tool Hub, utilize the Install Diagnostic Tool to repair QuickBooks
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool will run a repair to replace all damaged QuickBooks installation files.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again by double-clicking the icon and then selecting Installation Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait till it resolves installation issues.
- When it finishes, reboot your computer and open QuickBooks.
Solution 3. From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, use the Clean Install Tool
The Clean Install Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub will rename old install folders and allow QuickBooks Desktop to add new install files later during reinstallation.
- If QuickBooks Tool Hub is open, go to the Installation Issues tab and click Clean Install Tool.
- Click OK, pick your QuickBooks version and product version, and select Continue.
- When the ‘Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’ message appears, click OK.
- When the tool finishes, install the QuickBooks Desktop application again.
Solution 4: Suppress QB Desktop while opening
A Damaged company file also may cause the QuickBooks to crash when opening the company file issue, If so then you might try to open no company file window option.
- Press & Hold Keyword ctrl button, then double-click on the QBD icon.
- Next, the QuickBooks No company file window will pop up.
- Select, Then the company file, and click on open.
Solution 5: Try to temporarily delete the QBWuser.ini file.
If you have already followed the four solutions out of five and got no luck in fixing QuickBooks Slow/ crashing when opening, So you can try the last solution step to fix it. The steps are mentioned below as:
- Close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Now Open the windows explorer and then go to the folder where QuickBooks QBWuser.ini File is saved.
- Select the QBWuser.ini File and Then press the Delete button from Keyword and then press Yes.
- At last, Restart the system and Open your QBD app again.
If the troubleshooting process mentioned above doesn’t help you resolve QuickBooks won’t open error, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430 for effective assistance.
Read more:- QuickBooks uncoverable error